Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Anxiously Awaiting. . . . .

The last 2 weeks of pregnancy are going to be unpleasant. Unless sweet, baby cakes decides to come early - which I'm hoping and praying for.
I've definitely gotten to that stage to where nothing I do makes me comfortable - especially trying to sleep. I'm beyond exhausted. I'm pretty hungry but doesn't take much to fill me up. I feel like my stomach has shrunk due to the growing little girl squashing everything inside me! I was doing great until about my 37th week. Then the uncomfortableness set in. All my friends who are mothers keep telling me to get some sleep while I can. Do they not remember being 38 weeks pregnant?? I would love to sleep if I could get comfortable. But having a beach ball in your gut makes it slightly a little more difficult to do anything.
I went to the doctor this morning and Lexie is still a little gymnast. She was quite the little active one - which can be uncomfortable too. She is running out of room and when she moves or kicks - it sometimes hurts. Small price to pay, right? She is in position but hasn't dropped very much. Dave and I are starting the natural labor tricks. Eggplant parmesan (from Scalini's), taking long walks, and eating spicy foods. We'll see if those methods work in the next few weeks.
Dave and I are extremely anxious to see Lexie's precious face! Please keep us in your prayers for a safe (and easy) delivery! We'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

tmiller said...

Hey! I can't believe she will be here so soon (although for you, it feels like you've waited forever!). We are so excited and can't wait until you update your blog with Lexie's pictures!!
Tipi

Cara said...

I can't believe the time has almost arrived. I will be checking the blog often to see updates and beautiful pics.
Cara McKee

Mandy and Neil said...

Hang in there momma! I know eay easier said than done, right?? Looking forward to hearing the good news! Z keeps asking where her new BFF is.....???

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers