Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sweet Home Alabama

One of the reasons why I love going home is because there are still some of the most genuine and generous people that still live there. People walking down the street will say "Hi," or wave at you as you pass them in the car. It's mostly just a friendly atmosphere rather than horns honking because you're slow to gun the gas when the light turns green. Or people giving you those nice hand gestures. Going home is always so nice and refreshing. Going back to a little, small town can sometimes give you a different perspective on life. Like I said in my previous post, living in Atlanta (with all the chaos and people), it's so easy to get caught up in all the bad things that I can easily forget the important things in life.

Speaking of genuine and generous people. . . .This past Saturday, six wonderful people that I've known for years and years and years threw me a baby shower in Opelika. I'm still in a state of shock on how beautiful everything was (not that I expected anything less from these talented ladies). From the house (which is fabulous) to the floral centerpiece, to the food, to the serving pieces. I felt like I was invited to eat with the queen! These ladies were so amazing and so sweet to have done that for me and Alexa (Dave, too). Alexa got a lot of great things and a lot of her firsts. . . . like her first bikini, her first one piece, her first handbag, her first "War Eagle" undies, and even her first Tiffany & Co. gift. Not to mention all the other great gifts - which every single piece I got will come to great use. I'm a huge monogram fanatic - Alexa received a bunch of things with her name or initials on it. I think she is going to be one stylish infant. She'll be ready to going shopping with her Mommy!
The experience was perfect and appreciate everything that was given to us and done for us! Once again, I feel so blessed and honored to have you in my life (Mrs. Jane Teel, Britney Cooke, Scarlotte Vaughn, Laura DeLine, Sarah Martin, and Mrs. Anita Brown). You ladies are truly wonderful! I love you all!!!!

The Beautiful hostesses: Jane Teel, Britney Cooke, Scarlotte Vaughn, me, Sarah Martin, Laura DeLine, & Anita Brown

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers