Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My little monkey

See the red box in the picture below? Yep, that's where I found Lexie the other day (keep in mind she was on the outside of the steps). Lexie's been going up and down the stairs by herself since about Christmastime of last year. Her playroom is upstairs and she is constantly going up and down the steps. However there is one rule - she's not to play on the steps. Either she needs to go straight upstairs or come straight down.
As I was unloading the dishwasher, I heard her flipping her hands through the spindles. I called her name and told her not to play on the steps. She said, "Mommy look at me." I walk over to the steps to scold her but I didn't see her. I walked around to the foyer and found her halfway up the steps. . . . on the outside!!! Needless to say seeing the horrified/terrified look on my face, that was punishment enough for Lexie. She was upset after I "rescued" her to the ground.
I kept thinking what if she fell? She would have fallen directly on top of the foyer glass table. Ugh! I was so rattled for the rest of the day. The child keeps me on my toes and my blood pressure at an all time high!

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers