Thursday, August 11, 2011

Flower girl, Lexie

My cousin Meredith got married last weekend in Jackson, MS. It was such a sweet wedding. It was so much to be able to see my 88 year old G'ma along with all my cousins, Aunts, & Uncles.
I was honored that Meredith wanted Lexie to be a part of her and Evan's special day. I was thrilled at the thought of Lexie being her flower girl yet a little worried how she would do walking down the isle by herself. Lexie actually did great. She was sprinkling the rose petals in a very precise circle down the isle. Though Dave and I grabbed her & left the ceremony when she wanted to run up and down the isle. . . .
Lexie had a ball at the reception. The very stunning bride Meredith and Evan had some type of banjo/line dancing live band (not sure what to call them). But it was so unique and fun to see everyone join in the festivities and line dancing. At one point, everyone on the dance floor was in one big circle. Once the music ended, Lexie runs into the middle of the circle, clapped her hands yelling, "Yay, yay, yay! Again!" Then she bowed. Everyone got a real kick out of her performance. It was so cute. If only I had my flip video at that certain time. . . . .
She enjoyed dancing so much that she got awful blisters from her shoes and she didn't once complain about them. We ended up having to drag her away from the reception. She would have danced the night away if we would have let her.
I was running around taking pics (with my Dad's camera), so I don't have really any good ones yet.
Thanks Meredith and Evan for letting our little munchkin be a part of your day! She (along with Dave and me) had a wonderful time!


Cousins! Amy Claire, Hilary, the bride to be Meredith, and me
My fabulous and spunky G'ma with her 4 granddaughters. Lexie refused to get in the pic :(

Meredith and my Aunt Melinda

Miss priss wearing a new dress that SuSu made for the Bridesmaid luncheon

Giving sweet kisses to Daddy

Trying to cool off



Sharing her biscuit with Papa. We took her flower girl dress (aka princess dress) off due to how hot it was making Lexie due to all the tulle.

Below is a pic of Lexie dancing before dinner at the reception. I love how she bows at the end of her dance.



No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers