Monday, August 15, 2011

Mother of the Year Award. . . . .

Oh my sweet, devilish, knew what she was doing daughter locked me out of the house last week. I had run to the mail box to drop a letter in the mail. Literally 30 seconds later, I came back to the same door I left to find it locked. . . .Lexie had locked the deadbolt - I knew she could reach it but she has never toyed with it before until the day I leave the house for 30 seconds with no keys nor cell phone.
Thank the Lord that. . . . .



  • I was decently dressed and even had flip flops on. I have been known to run to the mail box in my pj's (not anymore).

  • I ran next door to my neighbor, Michael's house. I was thrilled that he was home and that I could use his phone to call Dave.

  • Dave was in fact in town!!! He is on the road so much that it was a Godsend that this happened while Dave was here even though he had to cancel of ton of meetings. . . .

  • Lexie was completely fine. I was way more traumatized than her. I was running around the yard like a crazy person trying to see her and get her attention. I saw that she was in her chair casually enjoying watching Cinderella. I rang the front door bell and she actually came and unlocked that door (but we have a latch on the top that she couldn't reach). I tried to tell her to go to the other door and unlock it. Her response, "yeah, sure, ok." Then she met me at the other door but just stood there. . . .

  • So happy that I had nothing in the oven or on the stove!! Even though Dave was in town, it still took him about 30 minutes to come home.

  • When Dave got home and unlocked the door, it was like nothing ever happened. Lexie runs up to me and says, "hi mommy." Of course I was hysterical at that point at the thought of what could have happened. Lesson learned. We now have another form of getting into the house in case this happens again and Dave is out of town.

So I think I should get an award of the Mother of the Year (*sarcastic tone*) due to the fact of underestimating my two year old! She won that day!!

1 comment:

charm home said...

Oh man, not looking forward to the day that Chase is old enough to lock me out. I do that enough myself. LOL. Glad all was okay in your household. Hopefully a cocktail helped calm you down once you realized everything was safe and sound.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers