Thursday, August 25, 2011

For the Love of Shoes. . . .

To say I love shoes is quite an understatement. Obsession might be a better adjective. I've always had a love for shoes. My parents will even vouch to say that my obsession for shoes started about the time I could talk/walk (12 mo). When I have play money, rather than going to the spa, getting mani/pedi's, shopping for clothes, or buying things for the house, I usually splurge on a pair of new shoes even if I don't plan to wear them on a daily basis. Crazy, I know. I'm the person who buys shoes and then tries to find outfits to match the shoes. Yes, it's backwards. In some ways, shoes are like little pieces of art. I don't wear heels as much as I used to or would like to (heels+chasing a 2 year old = disaster) but I still drool when I see a gorgeous pair of "clackers."


As I was getting ready the other day, Lexie made herself at home in my closet as she usually does. But most of the time she goes straight for the jewelry. This time she found a new love. . . .shoes! I became nearly giddy at the thought of her loving shoes just as much as I do. And boy does she have good taste. She bypassed all of my "summer casual" shoes (flip flops/sandals) and ballet flats and onto the higher end shoes that I have displayed on lower shelves.


Lexie had so much fun presenting me with a fashion show. I loved watching how excited she got while trying on the different pairs. I know this sounds silly probably to a non shoe fanatic but it was truly a special mommy/daughter moment! :) So fun!




***Sorry the pics aren't great. They are from my phone. I was afraid if I ran and got my camera, I would have ruined the moment.

***In the pictures below, the reason that she isn't looking at me is because she is too busy looking at herself in our giant bathroom mirror. She kept saying "so pit-ee." I'm not sure if she is talking about the shoes or herself. . .


Nine West
BCBG
Via Spiga



Michael Kors

Marc by Marc Jacobs

Stuart Weitzman

Valentino

And the grand finale and my FAVORITE shoe designer, Jimmy Choo.
***Though I L-O-V-E Jimmy Choo, these shoes are especially special. I said my vows to Dave while wearing these shoes.

She knows how fabulous Jimmy Choo is. . . . .

Off to conquer the world one pair of Jimmy Choo's at a time!

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers