Thursday, January 27, 2011

Starting off the new year in a Mexican paradise

Dave and I along with about 25 other couples were treated to a few very nice days/nights at the Ritz Carlton Cancun courtesy of Manhattan Associates (Dave's company). It was a fun group this year. A lot of our close friends were able to go along as well.
I was a little skeptical going to Cancun. There has been a tremendous amount of violence at the Mexican border. But I had heard that Cancun wasn't too safe either. When we arrived, the hotel was about a 15 minute drive. We passed a bunch of nice resorts on the way to the Ritz Carlton. We later learned that we weren't actually in Cancun. We were in a town called Quintana Roo. Apparently Cancun was about 30 minutes from where we were. None of us left the grounds of the resort - there was really no reason to. We had everything we needed at our hotel. But while we were there, I felt completely safe. The staff there was AMAZING! What a fun few days. But most of all, I'm so proud of my husband's hard work and determination. He definitely deserved this trip!You guys know how much I LOVE Christmas and Christmas decorations. This picture doesn't do this justice. But when we first entered the lobby, this is what we saw along with a huge gingerbread house in front of the two trees.

A nice and fresh coconut cocktail
The beautiful beach and water
Me and sweet CallieDave and Mike from our balcony
Girl fun L-R: Heather, Cassie, me, Callie, Alexis, & MargotTwo of my most favorite "northerners," Colleen and Jim Flynn (from Michigan). I wish we got to see them more often.

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers