Monday, December 13, 2010

Snow in December??

Wow! I can't remember the last time it snowed in December in the south. I think it was about 12-13 years ago? My family and I were leaving the Christmas Eve service at First Baptist. As we were going to the car, it started snowing. We actually had a "little" white Christmas!
Atlanta is very much a transplant city - meaning that most people who live here aren't from here. A lot of northerners live here. And I have a lot of northerners as my dearest friends. They (along with my sweet mother in law) make so much fun of me because of the fact that I get so excited when it snows. As you can see from the pictures below. They also like to make fun of how panicked people get here when it snows. The salt trucks are out, the snow plows are ready and the city is shut down for just nearly an 1/8th of an inch of snow. I might be exaggerating a bit but it is true. At least we have the resources if we were ever to have a blizzard. You never know what could happen. . . . :) Though I have to admit, I do think I would get tired of the snow after a while. The amount of snow we get down here in the south is just about right for me. And I'm thrilled that it is snowing in December (it usually snows in late February/early March).
The pictures below were taken yesterday afternoon. When Lexie and I left this morning for Mother's Morning Out, it was snowing sideways with a frigid temperature of 20 degrees. . . . .I like snow but not the jack frost weather that comes with it! :)
"There's that cold, white stuff that Mama stuck me in last February when I was only 9 months."

"Santa, are you there??"

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers