Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Christmas tree farm = a house ready for Christmas!

For those that know me, I LOVE CHRISTMASTIME! I love the feeling of love, warmth, togetherness, happiness, and of course celebrating the birthday of our Lord and Savior.
Last Friday, my parents drove up for the weekend. We chose to go to a Christmas tree farm about 45 minutes north of Atlanta to pick out a tree (unfortunately Dave couldn't go - he had to work. We would have gone the next day in order for him to go but he was going back to Charlotte to watch his Hokies play for the ACC championship against FSU). The type of trees that I like (Frazier firs) don't grow in the south. But the reason for going to this farm is because the Frazier firs that they get are kept in water from the time they are cut down to the time they are sold - unlike the trees I used to buy from Big John's in parking lots. I was getting tired of my tree dying or drying out before Christmas Day. Not to mention that the cost of the trees were significantly cheaper than what I had been paying Big John's Christmas trees in the previous years.
This place had a TON of Frazier firs to choose from. Anywhere from 3 feet tall to 20 feet tall. I felt like I was walking through a Christmas wonderland forest of pre-cut trees! The folks running the farm could not have been any nicer. I have a feeling this might become a Mader family tradition.
I just adore Christmas trees!
This pic doesn't do this tree justice. It was around 13' in height and about 6 1/2' in width. It was HUGE! It could have fit in our living room but we might have looked like the Griswolds. . . .



"I'm so excited for Christmas!"
The family room tree (It was only about 10' high and 4 1/2' wide). Dad and I would have gone a lot bigger but Dave didn't want a "ginormous" tree. . . .
The banister lights
The Foyer tree
And lets not forget the reason we decorate in the first place.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him, should not perish but have everlasting life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I c my present by the tree I am gonna have soooooooooo much fun unwrapping her

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers