Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sweet Hubby - '30th' B'day in Key West!

I'm a little late posting this, but my adorable and amazing husband whisked me off to Key West last weekend (Dec. 4-6) for my 30th birthday (I turned 30 on Dec 7). He had everything planned out. He had made arrangements with my Mom/Dad to keep Lexie, made hotel/flight/dinner reservations and managed to really wow me! Dave always wows me, but I truly wasn't expecting this. He even gave me a beautiful necklace from one of my dearest friend's jewelry store.
When we arrived in Key West on Friday afternoon, we checked into a beautiful hotel. It's one of the Waldorf Astoria's properties. We made it just in time to see the sunset. Then we went to dinner next door at Louie's. It was the perfect start for a perfect weekend.
Saturday consisted of walking around getting to know the city (Dave has been before). Dave and I met a wonderful couple, Rick and Robbie from central Florida. They were so nice to let us sit with them to watch the SEC game (all the sports bars were slammed).
Sunday was just as fun. Our flight wasn't until late afternoon. So again, we walked around the town looking at all the gorgeous, historic homes/buildings.
Once we got home, my sweet parents were here with dinner waiting and Lexie tucked in bed. The selfish parents we are woke her up just to see her (she is an easy sleeper and goes right back to sleep).
It was an AMAZING trip! A perfect get away. I think rolling into the 3rd decade has started out pretty nice! And big kudos to my precious hubby!!!
Sunset view from the top of our hotel.
The southern most part of the USA! I thought that was so neat! 90 miles from Cuba.

Look how beautiful and aqua the water is. And yes, we got stranded in the storm that was brewing in the background. We headed straight towards Sloppy Joe's.


Sloppy Joe's

1 comment:

Mandy and Neil said...

What a great surprise!! Way to go Dave!
So glad you had a special 30th! Love ya!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers