Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sweet Pea's first trip to the beach!

My precious little girl has gotten to experience some big FIRSTS in the past couple of days.

Every year my Dad goes to a huge dermatology convention at the Hilton at Sanddestin. It is always the weekend before the 4th of July. For the past 3 years, Dave and I come down with my parents and stay through the 4th. This year is much more special due to the precious little girl we now have.

So Lexie and I drove down to Opelika on Tuesday afternoon in order to follow my parents to Destin on Wednesday. Needless to say, she did wonderful in the car! She slept the entire way (besides stopping at McDonalds for lunch) - though it was only a 3 1/2 hour drive.

Unfortunately Dave is not here. He won't get in until Wednesday evening. My parents are leaving this afternoon. It looks like it'll be me and the munchkin at the beach for a couple days.

Little A was sleeping through the night last weekend at the Benner's lake house as she did the two nights at home. But Tuesday through Friday night she was waking up again (only once - which I'm not complaining about). I don't think she woke up because of hunger, it was because of a wet diaper. This child HATES to sit in a wet diaper. My Mom said I was the same way. I should be thankful. Many of my friends have babies that don't mind sitting in a wet diaper and then they end up getting diaper rashes. No diaper rash to date. . . .knock on wood. Maybe Lexie is going to have my type A attitude when it comes to cleanliness? Anyway, last night she went to bed at 8:30 and woke up at 5 AM! All the traveling might have knocked her off schedule a bit.

On to Lexie's firsts:


First time my toes felt pool water!



First time dipping my toes in the Gulf!




First time to smile on the beach (maybe b/c Papa John was holding me)



First time my toes touched the white sand of Destin with my Papa John!




First footprints in the sand



First footprints in the sand with Mama's



First time in a picture with Papa John and Su Su on the beach


First time sitting in my Bumbo chair like grown ups!



First beach hat like my Su Su


First beach picture with Mama

First time (Mama) capturing a cute picture of me smiling (I'm not fond of the camera at times)


First time falling asleep sitting up


First Bikini


First Two piece
First one piece




And some more cute pics:

Look at my big, blue eyes!









We miss and love you, Dave! Can't wait to see you on Wednesday!! xoxoxo!!

4 comments:

Cooke's Food Store said...

love all the pictures!!!!!

Rianna said...

Hey Becca!! I started blogging and went looking for people I knew and found you! How about that! You look fab and you have the cutest little girl!!! You will have to add me to your list so we can keep in touch.

THE FIERKE'S said...

Love all the pictures, Alexa looks so cute in her bikini!! You look great of course! Hope we get to see you next week while we are at Lake Burton!

Anonymous said...

very sexy mom

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers