Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Random

Last week, Dave and I looked at the weather for the weekend. It said 20% chance of rain on Friday, 30% chance of scattered showers on Saturday, and 20% scattered showers on Sunday. I can safely say the forecast was so wrong. It was basically a torrential downpour on Saturday (until about 6 PM) and a hurricane on Sunday. I'm not kidding about the hurricane. The waves were crashing on our point about 7 or 8 ft high. On our west dock, the waves were coming over the walkway. On our east dock (where the water is always calm) the waves were white capping and crashing onto the dock. Debris was every where. Dave told me to take Alexa and stand away from the windows. It was quite a powerful storm. I'm getting the feeling that the rainy clouds follow Dave and me to the lake whenever we go. This is the second time we've gone this year and have yet to enjoy the sun. I told Dave that maybe it's God's way of saying I shouldn't be in a bathing suit just yet! :-)
But as luck would have it, the sun decided to shine around 6:00 PM Sunday night. I was able to get this pretty picture from our west dock. My Dad's new toy. Him and Dave couldn't wait for the sun to come out on Sunday to get this bad boy in the water. Apparently they can get this toy up to 70 mph! My Mom and I were laughing how these two guys were like little kids in a candy store with this wave runner.
Lexie likes to pretend she's a big girl by sitting up. . .


Lexie found her thumb. . . . .


I've posted a lot of beautiful things that my Mom has made. Now I must show some beautiful things my sweet mother in law made. Mrs. Kathy made this for Lexie. This picture doesn't do it justice. It also matches Lexie's room perfectly! She also made this cute, pulley blanket. Dave loves his Alaska fishing, so she made a "fish themed" blanket. Too cute !

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers