Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Our Baby Girl

Things are starting to adjust in this newly parenthood household. Alexa is such a sweet and good baby. She is letting Dave and I sleep more than we thought (yes, we are enjoying it while we can). The only time she cries is when she is hungry or when you try to change her diaper. Other than that, she is pretty mild mannered (considering she's only a week old).
We had a whirlwind weekend. My Mom and Dad were in town for the birth. My Dad went back to Opelika to work 2 days and came back on Thursday night. On Friday, Dave's brother and wife drove in from Charlotte along with Dave's parents coming in from Denver to meet their first grandchild. It was such a fun weekend introducing our precious little one to family. I think everyone was quite smitten!
Dave's been off work since last Monday. He goes back to work on Friday. We'll see how well I do with him gone all day. . . .He is such an amazing father already. A father/daughter relationship is such a special bond and I know that him and Alexa already have that. It's so precious seeing him with Alexa! She already has him wrapped around her tiny, little finger. I have a feeling Dave is going to have a hard time saying no to her.
Here are a few pictures of our little girl. You can also see all of the pictures at this link: http://www.alexabrooksmader.shutterfly.com/




1 comment:

Mandy and Neil said...

Sweet Alexa! I'm so proud of you Becca! Glad to hear all is going well! Looking forward to seeing you and Alexa sometime soon!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers