Tuesday, February 15, 2011

First "real" battle wound

I got a call from the teachers at Mothers Morning Out yesterday. Lexie had tripped, fell, and then hit her eye on the corner of a plastic piano. The teachers said that she cried all for about 2 seconds then demanded to go outside and play on the playground. The teachers attempted to put ice on her eye but Lexie said it was "too cold."

I was tempted to go get her but the teachers said that she was doing fine. I went to get her and she was happy as a clam! She was talking up a storm and telling everyone Hi and Bye. I'm wondering if she was proud of her wound. . . .?

I've had 2 bad black eyes (2 different elbows from back in the days of cheerleading). I know that they hurt like heck. So I'm super impressed of my child's pain tolerence. Or maybe I should be unimpressed with the lack of my pain tolerence. . . .

The pics of course don't do the eye justice. I have a feeling it's going to look worse before it gets better.



No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers