Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Blessing in Diguise

Last weekend while Dave was in Blacksburg I decided to drive to Auburn for the W Virginia game. My Mom was in Mississippi for a girls weekend. So it was just going to be my Dad with his girls. My plan was to go tailgating with Lexie then send her home with my Dad while I stayed for the game. Not to mention that this was Lexie's AU debut! A very important day! :-) After bouncing from tailgate to tailgate, Lexie began to get fussy. She was so fussy that I was scared to send her off with my Dad. She was the kind of fussy where only her Mama could calm her (my Mom is determined that she was so fussy because she missed her Su Su). So My Dad, myself and Lexie packed up the truck and headed home. I was a bit frustrated that I had to miss this game. But about an hour after we got home, a monsoon hit the plains. So bad that the game had to be postponed for an hour. I would have been a wet mess if I had stayed. I knew it was supposed to rain so I had my rain jacket but failed to bring my rain pants. Thanks to my sweet baby girl who was fussy, I got to enjoy a nice AU victory all comfortable and dry in my own childhood bedroom!
Maybe Lexie has weather forecasting in her future. . . . . . .

Posing in front of Jordan-Hare Stadium

"Thanking Auntie Fran for my ADORABLE AU dress." It was Lexie's first Auburn dress (I've been waiting 6 months to put that on Lexie).


Lexie was dancing to the loud music in the Amphitheatre



Blake and Nicki


On a side note: Lexie has started eating whole food (as in baby food and not just formula). I started off smashing up bananas (which she loved) and now I've moved on to Gerber baby food. I'm so proud of her. She is so cute when she eats and really likes the food. So far. . . . .


2 comments:

Mandy and Neil said...

Hmm.. maybe your right - Lexie may be a weather gal afterall......we just need to work on that infamous "weather woman hair"!
Glad you were able to enjoy the game afterall!

Jennifer Dean said...

It's awesome how God gives us these little circumstances to show us that we need to trust Him more. His way is always best. I have a good refrigerator story that taught me the same thing this week :) I love you Becca!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers