Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Beth and Brunch

My Mom drove up last Wednesday afternoon. She and I had the pleasure of attending a Women's fall conference at church on Thursday morning. It featured a video presentation by Beth Moore. It was about her new book, So Long, Insecurity.
Her main focus was that insecurity plagues women day after day. Yet God has designed each of us to live off His immovable, immutable security. She challenged us to develop the six characteristics of a secure women.
The six characteristics were:
1. Saved from herself
2. Entitled to truth
3. Clothed with intention
4. Upended by grace
5. Rebounded by love
6. Exeptional in life

While her point and lecture was so amazing her delivery wasn't quite so. The entire two hours of the video, I felt like she was screaming to get her point across. I kept wanting to turn her down or even mute her (I know it's not very nice. . . .). I'm not sure why some evangelists have to scream to get their point across. I've been a long time fan of Beth Moore (still am) but I don't like when people yell while preaching the Gospel.
But it was a fun-filled Mother/Daughter morning. After we picked up Lexie in the nursery, we went outside and picked out some great big pumpkins!

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers